Friday, October 1, 2021

Skeleton Bones Ghoulie

Every year since 2018, I've released an album on Halloween. Return to the Jazz Gulag (2018) was not explicitly related to the holiday, but heavy and autumnal enough that I felt like it fit. King Under the Mountain (2019) was a bit darker and more October-sounding. And then Glowy Album aka Zenith 5 Megasplicer (The Forest) (2020) was a massive concept album about death. But I've never done any music before that was a straight-up, blatant, campy tribute to my favorite holiday before, which is really a shame. So, I decided to set things right by releasing a Halloween-themed album every single day this month, under the name "Skeleton Bones Ghoulie". They won't all be the same, there will probably be a lot of range between them in structure and in sound but they will all be spooky, I can promise you that. There will be theremin. There will be creepy organ. There will be the sound of a ghost that I figured out how to make on an analog synthesizer. It will be fun! And hopefully, by the time November rolls around, I will have hammered this aesthetic so far into the ground that I will never have to revisit it again. Enjoy!!

https://skeletonbonesghoulie.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment